Shameless Marketing & the Art of Using Body Paint Girls

Shameless Marketing & the Art of Using Body Paint Girls

Topics: Shameless Marketing

If you are new here, please read my about page

Was this TI (The Illusion)? Probably.
Good use of money to generate traffic?  Maybe.
Was it ridiculous?  Yes.
Was it fun?  Absolutely!

You may have received a card from a naked girl wearing only body paint in downtown Chicago.  Maybe you didn’t.  Either way you found yourself here.

This is 100% pure shameless marketing.  Many websites that talk about promotion give excellent tips on how to use other online tools.   These are all great methods, and these blogs give great advice.  Now, it can be great connecting with people in these ways, but they lack something.  An element is missing.  Pure fun! Pure awesome!  Umph! Whatever you want to call it!

Do something different.  Do something fun.  Be Innovative.  There are a million different ways to generate traffic.  Some ways are more enjoyable than others.  I have a Twitter & Facebook account.  I am on StumbleUpon, & Delicious.  Yet, good old fashioned “pirate marketing” can be just as effective, (and a whole lot more fun)!!!

Now, I’m not advocating everyone hire a bunch a naked models to slap on their logo in body paint.  I am advocating using “pirate marketing” techniques where both you (and your readers) are amused and entertained.  Use “on the ground” techniques or internet methods, as long as they’re fun and creative.

If you don’t like the content of my blog, that’s ok.  I just hope you enjoyed seeing something different on your lunch break today.

Interested in Hiring Your Own Body Paint Girls?  Trusted & Professional Mario Ink.

Shout out to Alvin Kang for Support, & Logistics!

Shameless Marketing Photos!

1. Mark, I have to say that this is certainly something I have not seen when it comes to promoting a blog! I couldn’t believe it when I found out what you were doing. Way to think outside of the box!!

I’m curious how many people that visit will be introduced to lifestyle design from this act. The power to be heroic and choose your destiny is amazing!

You raise the issue of fun that certainly needs to be a stronger element in people’s lives. I can only imagine that you had a blast coming up with this and can’t wait to see what kind of response you get.

Again, this is definitely thinking outside of the box! So…when do we see a topless Mark promoting his site? :)

Thanks Dave! Yes, this has been a blast!!! Thank you to everyone involved! It’s been an awesome day! Weather couldn’t have been better! As for a topless Mark promoting this site? Not sure about anytime soon. :)

2. DK says:

Good one Mark! I am on the same path. Use whatever is out there. I usually forward a good joke with my company’s signature at the bottom.

3. Socar says:

Awesome. I was having a terrible day until this happened to me. I just want to know where you got the girls to do this.

Socar, I am so glad that these women, their art, and the shameless promotion of Lifestyle Ignition all conspired to remedy your day. The very professional and creative Mario Ink was the mastermind behind making this possible.

4. Jeff says:

I can’t wait to see the pictures!

5. chris says:

hey your girls made my day, i was glad to take a pic with them today in front of sears store on state st, i would like to know when you would post my pic with them, i was the black guy with the sun glasses in my security suit on, keep up the good work mark.

Hey Chris! I remember you! Glad the girls could make your day! The photo album is up and complete. There is a photo of you up right now! I did not put up every photo taken today as there were too many. If you email me at Lifestyleignition@gmail.com I will send you all the pictures of yourself in the full size original format. Thanks!

6. Love it. Might use this idea to promote an events company I’m partnered in.

Many thanks Mark – loving your ingenuity!
    Lara Jane

7. Sarah says:

Hi Mark,
    excellent email, superb idea! Genius dude. I knew that was Chicago. I live in orange county from Detroit though miss Chicago
    Good luck Mark- also love your post about websites you love- gary v is the man

Sarah

8. Nice post Mark :)

When travelling off the beaten path you’re apt to attract a larger crowd. That’s why I saw the 63 FB “Like’s” above.

Pirate marketing is a good idea as long as it is done cleverly.

Ryan Biddulph

9. Mark says:

Ryan, glad you liked the post! I love when Pirate marketing is done cleverly. I’ve never had more than those 63 FB likes on a page since. I guess I just haven’t had a post with such “draw” ha. I will tell you, that was an incredibly fun day!

1. Tweets that mention Shameless Marketing Body Paint Girls Downtown Chicago | Life Style Ignition -- Topsy.com
  2. Taking blogging into the offline world | Life Style Ignition
  3. Are You Truly Living the Life That’s at Your Disposal? | Riding the Waves of Personal Development